Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On Facebook Facades


Other People's Albums.

The funny thing about facebook is how deceivingly glorified other people's lives become. For instance, multiple friends and acquaintances have often commented on my very own Costa Rica photo album (circa winter 2009) - a trip that appears (and, at times, actually was) flawlessly romantic while, in reality, we (my travel companion and I) got sick on day four (out of ten) and the frequently-commented-on snapshot of us on the four-wheeler was a transportation choice out of necessity rather than joy. Most recently (as in this past weekend), I perused fb pages out of shear boredom looking for anything out of the ordinary (-I already know you work out 6 days/wk; tell me something new!), and what I found was an exhorbitant number of people my age (and younger!) with babies.  My own (NYC) friends cover the gamit of single to expecting but to see so many mini-me's got me thinking harder than my usual perusal, as I painted multiple rosy complexions on the lives of people I once knew.  Enjoy!

 [Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment