Thursday, July 19, 2012

On Birthday Blues


Another Year Older.
 
While driving to work yesterday, the radio host was celebrating his 40th birthday, which spawned a conversation (between co-hosts) over which birthdays are worth celebrating and which are worth lamenting. The host concluded that 30 and 50 are worthy of pre-planned gatherings of family and friends but that 40 was better left to ignorance. As I debated what my own eventual milestones will bring (-would I really forfeit my week-long-birthday-mentality because the number didn’t suit me?), I ran through the long list of celebratory invitations I’ve received over the last few years – (mostly via email from close friends and occasional acquaintances) – acknowledging our transitions from late twenties to early thirties (a youthful age in comparison), in which nearly everyone - even then - used subject headings that denigrated their special day.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment