Wednesday, September 25, 2013

On Being Bored


DAM.

On a recent semi-dreaded trip to the DAM (Denver Art Museum), I anticipated hours of impenetrable boredom in which I pretended to profoundly interpret statues and paintings just to impress my museum companions when, in reality, I am much better suited for over-analyzing television characters and critiquing modern dance.  Stick me in a room with Hank Moody (Californication), Don Draper (Mad Men), or Dexter (er, Dexter) and I'll give you a hundred-and-one reasons why their relationships always fail.  But stand me in front of the Mona Lisa and my mind draws a blank.  Luckily, upon arrival, turns out DAM has damn near every interactive alternative for the distracted patrons like me, from a felt-covered room (see photo to the right) to a quilting cave with copious amounts of scraps, so that in between serious connoisseurship, the rest of us can dabble with our strengths.  Enjoy!
 
[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment