Tuesday, September 17, 2013

On Rainy Sun-Days


Cooking Up a Storm.

For a second there I forgot what I did before I started planning a wedding in my spare time and then my first post-wedding Sunday rolled around and I went straight to my second home: the supermarket.  With the unusual (Denver) rainy day excuse to stay inside (*Denver is known for its 300 days of sunshine), I set out to choose from five recipes - 1) homemade hummus (with olive brine!), 2) zucchini fritters, 3) veggie burgers, 4) pickled curry cauliflower, and, my personal favorite, 5) bruschetta - and collected ingredients for all.  Once back, I intended to only select one or two in total, for an afternoon snack, perhaps an eventual dinner, and (if we were lucky) leftovers for Monday lunch.  And yet three hours later, all but the bruschetta crowded our dining room table, as I insisted to my new (stuffed) husband (AR) that he try each and every option.  And then I remembered what life was like last fall...and I'm wondering what to cook up for next weekend!  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]  

No comments:

Post a Comment