Friday, September 20, 2013

On the Whole Foods Dilemma


 'One-of-a-Kind.'

After years of volunteering my services and time to the Park Slope Food Coop, it's hard not to wander into the Whole Foods nearby on a regular basis.  During a recent conversation with a fellow-Denver addict, I described the emotions affiliated with stepping into a Whole Foods Market as "one-of-a-kind."  And it's not that I can afford to shop there because I really can't (I work in a non-profit!) or that I'm elitist about my food choices (Cauliflower is cauliflower is cauliflower!). But the unexpected sense of ease, that somehow life will be easier and maybe even better after organic, cancer-free, overpriced leather treats made with real fruit you've never actually heard of and you won't actually taste is pervasive and persuasive, and nearly impossible to walk away from.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]



No comments:

Post a Comment