Friday, September 13, 2013

On the Things We Dread


The Hard Lessons.

With wedding planning behind me and once-abundantly free time back on my hands, I can return to my usual list of usual life-anxieties that motivate me to eat healthy (cancer!), exercise (heart disease!), take naps (flu season!), watch the news (natural disasters!), call home (see aforementioned parenthesis!), and take vitamins (diminished immune system!).  Calming my brain to align appropriately with the reality of the risks at hand can feel next to impossible - [did you know the a woman is more likely to get hit by a car than have a miscarriage?] - but a necessary goal so as not to let the rest of our humbled lives flash before us through the lens of the Woody Allen syndrome without taking a breath of calm and enjoyment.  (Enjoy?)

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment