Friday, May 6, 2011

On Cities in Your Veins


A New York State of Mind.

It's unclear to me, just yet, how a native New Yorker transplants to greener pastures where the altitude is higher, the mountains are larger, and the sun shines 350 days per year. And yet I'm preparing for it--by scoffing at particularly crowded subways when my head aches and I want to sit down (but can't); by practicing my significantly slower pace on the space-deprived sidewalks only to inevitably get bumped from all sides (grrr); by conjuring up visions of tossing my (fashionably) red pumps into my first-ever (neon-colored?) automobile in exchange for a (refreshingly) accessible quick hike before dinner. Whether I sink or swim (or fish) remains to be seen, but it won't be without an honorable attempt to make space in my ever-present New York state of mind. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

3 comments:

  1. Well, more than your heart is here in NYC, but it's a big country, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I can't believe you are leaving! Although I complain about New York all the time, and fantasize about having enough money to leave her and go live somewhere else... I actually have no idea where else I would rather live. That's a normal New Yorker feeling though right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are leaving us!!! New York is going to miss Carly EInstein SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete