Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On My Missed Connection


True Story:

A stranger really did once post a Missed Connection about me - appr seven years ago - and when I occasionally relay this almost unbelievable anecdote to friends and family, their response is 100% predictable: how do you know the Missed Connection was about YOU? My answer is also almost always the same, and I go on to explain what happened: my headphones broke en route to meet a friend for dinner at Grand Central, and two men - one cute, one not - who noticed me fiddling around with them both offered suggestions on how to make them work (--neither was right). The not-cute one went home and wrote a Missed Connection. The moral of my story is this: Missed Connections are romantically anticipatory until the not-cute one is the Romeo seeking his Juliet, at which point your long lost soul-searching internet love letter becomes romantically disappointing. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment