Thursday, May 26, 2011

On Jobs We'll Never Forget


Don't Look Back In Anger. --Oasis

We've all had 'em - or heard stories about 'em - those jobs from which we've learned major life lessons, except the wisdom conveniently came months after the letter of resignation was signed and the war wounds were already yellow from age. My first (& fondest) lesson was in 1995 during a babysitting gig I'd inherited from my worldly, older sister. The pre-teenage girls (for whom I sat) rightfully warned me that their family's new microwave cooked food extra hot and that, perhaps, the pop-secret popcorn did not actually require the full 3-minute allotment designated by the "popcorn button." I didn't listen, of course, and the popcorn turned to thick, black smoke. The fire department was (nearly) called; my parents were (definitely) called; and the house smelled like popcorn for weeks thereafter. I was asked back only once, and never babysat again (for anyone). Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment