Thursday, September 1, 2011

On Wearing Sunscreen


Advice Occasionally Headed.

At age twenty-three, while walking into the Brooklyn subway station on the block I grew up on (and - at the time - still lived) en route to catch a train (to a bus) to the Jersey Shore (for the weekend), I remember quite well the moment my best friend's (late) 20-something cousin shared words of advice: One day [in a far off land], you, too, will wear sunscreen. At that moment, still invincible from eye creasing and aging skin (and eventual sun damage) I thought to myself that time would never (ever!) come. And then it did, and I listened to the "Wear Sunscreen" commencement speech on repeat, regretting years of naivete while longing for the healthy glow I knew I'd miss each spring. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment