Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On Being Unrelated


Einstein's Biography.

Just yesterday evening at the local liquor store, where I stopped to buy a celebratory bottle of champagne for a close friend’s accomplishment, the woman at the checkout counter asked (upon confirming my legal drinking age) if my last name made life difficult. My response was the usual one – that, if nothing else, I was much more aware of how often one shares their name with people for the first time on a daily basis. She laughed, as it often goes, and I added (my latest additional contribution) that I’d just bought Einstein’s biography [a few years ago] because as often as his name comes up I’m ashamed to know as little as I do about … my great, great grandfather. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment