Thursday, April 26, 2012

On Our (Childhood) Memories


Kids Those Days.

When my parents had company over between (my) ages of zero and ten, I remember falling asleep to the vibration of my mom's voice behind her boney chest.  Screaming fights on weekends with my older sister over who got to read the back (or side) of the cereal box were determined by whichever one she expressed most interest in [insert semi-manipulative smiley face].  Twirling my toddler brother around until dizziness and then placing a (beer-like) bottle in his unstable hands, and then pressing record on the bulky family camcorder, passed hours of afternoon entertainment. And inhaling the scent of sawdust from the aftermath of my father’s recent woodworking activities from the deep, dark dungeon (aka our basement) was as familiar as the combined scents of bagels and newspaper on early Sunday mornings.  Enjoy!
 [Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment