Monday, April 23, 2012

On Two Years Ago Today


Friday, April 23, 2010.

Two years ago today, my first blog entry attempted to share with anyone who would read (by which I mean You) the very words that tend to keep me up at night (long past my bedtime, which - lucky for me - has since become earlier and earlier), including news articles (like the NYT Modern Love column), (other people's) blog posts, an occasional (Shakespeare) sonnet, and even youtube's finest (scenes from) daytime and evening soaps (Dawson's Creek 4 Eva) because - like You - I am captivated by other people's stories and feelings and ideas, and must-never-stop participating and contributing (to the words that make the world go 'round), even if as a quiet (reading) observer. When I shared the news with my parents (Mom/Dad: I'm a blogger!) and proceeded to explain the content of my idea (-to share inspiration) my father thoughtfully commented that I can't have a blog without my own (hand-typed) content.  And so unfolded my consistently daily (two to seven sentences of) commentary On Life, in particular the kinds of things we do  and think about on a regular basis but don't know how to articulate, the thoughts and reactions we have in common (with each other) but don't always realize or acknowledge, and the beauty and ugliness of the world around us like Pain, Love, Excitement, and Adventure.  (On deck tomorrow are the Woes of Leaving Our Therapists.)  Thanks for Your readership for the last 731 days (incl leap day, of course); let's begin round three.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Personally looking forward to the many years of On Being Unrelated's evolution in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Two years already?! What an achievement, and what a pleasure it's been travelling with you.

    ReplyDelete