Thursday, April 12, 2012

On Things to Worry About


Agreeing w/ F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Yesterday, during my bus ride home from work, I experienced my second - maybe third - rainy day (or downpour) in Colorado since I moved here in August because although it snows regularly, there's little compromise for anything in between. And as the public transportation patrons commiserated with smiles and whispers over whether they would arrive at their ultimate destination unscathed (-they wouldn't), I wavered between my own concerns about attempting to (impossibly) stay dry while enjoying the welcomed wet weather I so often miss from the east coast. In doing so, I thought of my roommate's famous mantra - [She] worries about things to worry about - and then found myself scanning my memories for other rare but occasional worry-free moments, to prove him wrong - or myself right - that, in fact, it's possible to live in this world without one eye looking forward and the other behind. And then I decided that it didn't matter if I got drenched or if my favorite Target red flat shoes got (even more) ruined, I would embrace the storm by getting off (the bus) one block early. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment