Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On Photographic Evidence

 
Over a Decade Ago.

Yesterday I received a photograph in the mail from the summer of 2002 (over ten years ago) taken at the second wedding I’d ever attended.  Examining the picture, I was quickly brought back to the time where the arrival of actual photographs took three to five joyful and highly-anticipated days, the result of which almost always left a mixture of delight and disappointment.  In this particular print, despite its decade of experience, the rippled paper still successfully contrasts my sun-kissed (early) twenty-something skin pristinely again the black and beige spaghetti-strapped dress I’d purchased earlier that year during my first (and only) trip to France.  And we were all smiling, in anticipation of the marriage that would last an eternity, of the friendship that still goes strong today, and a subconscious awareness that this particular moment, though temporarily fleeting, might also be memorialized indefinitely. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment