Thursday, January 31, 2013

On Negotiating Relocations


In the Name of Love?

I’m a New Yorker through and through, and so when the idea to relocate anywhere but NYC arose, I was devastated.  Leave my family, friends, and Park Slope familiarity for the Wild West? Never! Or so I thought. It wasn’t until an email from an old friend arrived, someone who was as attached to her New Jersey roots as I was my Brooklyn abode, in which she described her own experiences relocating from the burbs to another continent (Australia!) and discovered a truth she didn't think was possible - she survived.  And so, I reasoned, if she could do it, so could I.  And twenty-four hours later, I committed...and live to tell the tale.  Enjoy!
 
[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment