Monday, February 4, 2013

On Justifying Habits


 TV for Smart People.

While I tacitly disagree with those embarrassed television-watchers who spend more time justifying their habit than dissecting the complicated characters of whichever prime-time drama they spent an entire weekend watching (oh, the horror!), I simultaneously peruse my personal list of evening companions and marvel at the intensity of my relationship(s) to their fictional plights.  Their grief becomes my grief, their decisions my own, and then I take our shared lessons learned, the heartache, and the joy into my daily life and relationships, and (of course) the water cooler conversation of the following morning.  (Watch &) Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like what happens to me when I read a good book. Sometimes, I think about the characters all day!

    ReplyDelete