Thursday, February 7, 2013

On Woody Allen Syndrome


Enforcing Quarantines.

Halfway through flu season, I have officially alienated people that I care about who aren't my family.  It's one thing to grow up in a household where your blood-related relatives wholeheartedly accept your quirks and quarantines because they have no other choice.  It's another thing to bring your borderline-hypochondriac craziness into the daily lives of folks whose awareness of how extreme these gestures can become is nearly non-existent.  And, yet, halfway across the country from my all-embracing kin, I find myself with no other options - dodging plans with recent pukers (*my fears are specifically emetophobic) and maintaining necessary distances when confronted in person.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just spent a week in bed with a stomach ache, and oh boy, there is something to be said for taking a week off from life-in the most benign way, of course! Yes, and I was pretty sure I had stomach cancer.

    ReplyDelete