Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On Worse Than Death


Public Speaking.

It's true that some people would rather die than speak in public, making glossophobia the #1 fear in the whole wide world.  Which is why I immediately joined Toastmasters when I found out I'd be giving weekly workshops in my (then) new job, as well as presenting (for less than 5 minutes!) to faculty and staff on a semi-regular basis.  And Toastmasters changed my life (almost immediately) when forced, in actual tears, to stand up in front of a crowded conference table of fellow fearful speakers to realize that with enough time (usually 2 minutes once I'm up there) and eventual confidence, I would not only confront my fear head on but actually enjoy it.  Enjoy!   

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment