Thursday, February 14, 2013

On Okay, Cupid


Simple Celebrations.

I was 23-years-old when I cried through my first Valentine's Day dinner because, instead of roses and chocolate, I got hummus and baba ghanous.  The truth is the meal was perfect, filled with my favorite foods and the restaurant all to ourselves (how romantic!). But I was blinded by Valentine propaganda that said new relationships should be celebrated with flowers and sugar and nothing that really matters to us.  And, so, I have grown wiser with Cupid Holidays past, and, today, celebrate affections with friends and romantic partners alike, good conversation, a bottle of wine, and a home-cooked meal (preferably Mediterranean) because, the truth is, nothing's more romantic than these simple celebrations.  Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment