Thursday, October 10, 2013

On Actually Answering


Ring, ring, ring...

Living across the country from two-thirds of my family and friends, actual phone time spent physically speaking with by means of exchanging spoken words followed by actively listening and then conjuring up a response with underused vocal chords, is next to null.  Even my own mother (are you reading this, mom?!) has gotten in the habit of (get this) one word - and sometimes one-letter! - texts rather than actually dialing.  And yet there are the few and far between calls that, when they actually make it from New York to Colorado, I don't hesitate to pick up -- my parents, for one; my twenty-something brother (via the modern-day facetime technology); and the long-distance best friends who have since become favorite pen pals and occasional phone-chat buddies.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment