Thursday, October 17, 2013

On Television Brain


Enough is Enough

...is Enough?  In the aftermath of the Breaking Bad series finale (and my own personal consequential television binge), I've had conversations with mutual fans, who are less than two weeks behind my own overwhelming immersion and bulldozing through the last fifteen (or so) episodes, wondering how they're gonna sleep at night.  The reality is that BB isn't like any other series.  Tony Soprano (four seasons in one summer!) didn't show up in my REM sleep, face covered in the blood, the way Jesse Pinkman did just to ask if I wanted a cup of coffee.  While a girl can only dream, Coach Taylor (Friday Night Lights) greeted me on the football field and nowhere else. Even Jack Bauer (24 - remember that show?) stayed put where he was meant to, always on the run in the same out-of-breath sequence but never gasping for words off-screen in unexpected places (though, I have to confess, I found my own self breathing a bit heavier during that binge).  BB is a different beast, but a welcomed one that's literally impossible to turn away from.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment