Tuesday, October 8, 2013

On Phone Silence


48-Hours & Counting.

Forty-eight hours ago (and counting), I've gone ahead and committed myself to trading in my nagging cell phone for a chapter or two (or three) of an actual novel on an evening basis.  It happened when a package from my mother arrived - an old, antiquated copy of How Green Is My Valley - with mint green pages and a post-it attached exclaiming,  "this was first 'adult' novel and I still remember it," a gesture encouraging me to find my own next great read as I file through one disappointing book after another (The Paris Wife - don't bother).  So that very night I hopped into bed in spite of my usual fall television commitments finally filling my DVR cue (The New Girl, Grey's, Nashville, Homeland, and so on) and found myself not necessarily captivated but easily engaged by Huw Morgan and the details of his vast, loving, Welsh family, a rare but welcomed quiet moment amidst a daily routine of unrelenting noise.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment