Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On Reminiscent Smells


For Me? Drakkar.

While I haven't smelled this scent in years, I imagined I'd be immediately transported back to 1993,  standing on a street corner during lunch time with my 7th (and 8th) grade boyfriend, who much preferred spending his one free hour of the day playing video games in the local pizza shop than staring into my hazel-ish, blue-ish pre-teen eyes.  Or maybe to the 8th grade dance, when we slow danced to Creep by Radiohead that he specifically requested (for me!), as the rest of the middle-schoolers cleared the floor and I - awkward and embarrassed but also secretly thrilled - clutched his scrawny shoulders, one foot apart, but still able to inhale the abundance of Drakkar.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written.
    Now, who is this creep? I'll go beat him up! (Do they still make that stuff?)

    ReplyDelete