Tuesday, October 29, 2013

On Being Grumpy


Too Many Layers.


This morning on my drive to work, I became increasingly aware of how peaceful Colorado can be at times, particularly in comparison to that anonymous city on the east coast I so often miss. At least for now, gone are (my) days of cramming onto a packed subway car, morning after night after morning, bundled in too many layers for the size of the crowds and irregularity of the NYC Transit ventilation system. Dodging grumpy looks from uncomfortable Manhattan patrons, desperately hoping to strategically snag the next available seat (yeah right!), the commute never seemed short enough and spring so far away. And yet, in spite of this morning's 20-minutes of (sub)urban scenery, fresh coffee, and mediocre tunes, I found myself simultaneously nostalgic for the space I didn't have then and grateful for the space I have now. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment