Tuesday, October 1, 2013

On Healthy Living


Growing Stronger.

One week into the latest (very competitive) office exercise competition, my motivation to log 60 minutes each day (7 days a week) for the next two months far exceeds the highly anticipated prize, a mini ipad.  I'm in my thirties now, married, and my back hurts when I sit at a desk, and my ankles hurt after a medium-sized run, and I have a companion I want to see through retirement trips, grand children's birthdays, and picking out hand-carved, multi-colored, matching canes when the time is right.  Yes, the ipad would be nice, of course, and I intend fight to the bitter flat-screened end (aka Thanksgiving) but the stakes of optimal living, of taking care of our health as age and time attempt to defeat us, makes the minutes and days and weeks a secondary consideration given how much reward there is to be gained.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]  


No comments:

Post a Comment