Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On the DMV Blues


Worst Story Ever.

My own dreadful associations with the DMV date back to vocabulary drills when I employed images associated with each word to better designate them to memory. I'm reminded of a 'tacit agreement' when greeted with a wink or nod from a stranger or otherwise. 'Indelible ink,' the color of (vampire) blood, destroyed my beloved, over-priced, off-white jacket last fall and, no, I'm not over it, can't you tell? And 'perfunctory desk clerks' soullessly greet each exacerbated patron at the DMV in [insert city of your choice] as if following the same script that instructs them to 'be the worst person you can be.' In a more perfect world, I'd rewrite that script, replacing 'worst' with 'ostentatious','omniscient', and 'euphonious' and then stay at the DMV just because it made life better. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment