Wednesday, August 25, 2010

On My Grandmother's Bat Mitzvah


Grandma Paula: Second from the Right.

You can hear all about it tomorrow on NBC news, when all the grandmothers will be interviewed. Ironically, I was the only member of my family who did not participate in this coming-of-age ceremony back when it was age-appropriate (and, yes, I still get grief about it), or so I thought until now. Not so ironically, Grandma Paula was also the bearer of bad news in the late 80's when she confessed (not so politely) that Santa Claus was a myth, but made up for it with first-class matzah ball soup and chocolate milk at breakfast when mom said no. Mazel Tov, Grandma, and good luck tomorrow, but maybe save the myth-busters for your great (unborn) grand children. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment