Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On Addicted to Running


Healthy Kind O'Drugs.

I've spent my lifetime (thus far) watching athletes from the sidelines: first, soccer players as the (men's team) manager in high school and college; then, NYC marathoners as a local resident en route to Sunday brunch; and, most recently, baseball/soccer/and-even-football pro-athletes as a bleacher-filling tag-along to a City of dedicated sports fans. And then I struck a deal with my not-so-baby brother (surprise snail mail for every week consisting of well-rounded exercise routines) to enlist me as a player rather than a bystander, of which I'm going surprisingly strong (and feeling better than ever!), with my only regret being that we didn't strike this deal when I lived a mile closer to sea level. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. Note that training at high-altitude makes you that much more badass when you come down to run alongside us mere mortals at sea level. You'll have a . . . leg up.

    ReplyDelete