Thursday, October 13, 2011

On Facebook Status Updates


Newsfeed or Snooze-feed?

Having recently relocated across the country – way too far from family and friends - I anticipated being glued to the facebook newsfeed, finding solace in maintaining a constant awareness of other people’s breakfast cereals, engagement announcements, and (for those to whom this applies) not-so-newborn babies’ first words. And yet with an actual job that prohibits me (in a good way) from perusing the list of usual suspects, followed by early-evening Skype dates with my sibling and ‘rents, I find myself questioning what facebook updates really have to offer. Until, of course, infants’ chubby cheeks (of which there are many) entice me to send virtual squeezes, and the idea of actual phone calls (the horror!) drives me to write sweet nothings on east-coast-best-friends’ facebook walls, followed by one-liner emails with links to my most recent Anthropologie purchase (Whatdaya think?!) and inquiries about their latest relationship/graduateschool/weddinguest saga, as if to maintain normalcy even from afar. Snail mail, anyone? Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment