Thursday, October 20, 2011

On the Readers We Write For


Reciprocated or Not.

Since I started this blog nearly a year and a half ago, I am aware of only one actual reader (a fellow writer, in fact) who is so diligently commited to reading - and occasionally 'liking' - my posts on a (literally) daily basis, that I find myself motivated to write, even it's the last thing I want to do. Whether out of (friendship) obligation or otherwise, we share a not-so-tacit understanding that we are each other's most dedicated (literary) fans and, if not in this blog, similar words would likely fill up frequent email exchanges between us, and sometimes still do. And yet for the rest of the Readers For Whom We (both) Write - our family, significant others, acquaintances, and (with moderate ultimacy) actual strangers - knowing they're out there is inspiring enough, for the (unanticipated) virtual comments, (unexpected) references over dinner conversation, and (surprise) gchats from long, lost friends. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment: