Friday, January 31, 2014

On Home Ownership


Fixing Things.

We've been buying my father power tools for every father's day, birthday, and Hanukah since I can remember, none of which actually meant anything (to me) until now.  Being a homeowner with zero sense of how to fix, well, anything, I've developed a new found appreciation for my paternal figure's expertise.  An architect and contractor by trade, I'm beginning to tap into his powers-that-be to educate myself like this: it starts with a phone call (specifically, last weekend) followed by a weak description of whatever latest injury is happening in the new digs (along the lines of that metal thing with the things sticking out) and, voila!, problems are solved and wisdom is shared.  Now, when to book my dad's next flight out here... Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment