Thursday, January 23, 2014

On Gravity


Constant Anxiety.

Last night, I watched Gravity.  I didn't know anything about it except that facebook posts were moderately favorable and, according to Bullock on an NPR interview I briefly overheard a few months ago, she spent a lot of the filming "in a box."  When I initially discovered it was about space, I thought it would be boring (Sandy in a box in space for two hours doing what exactly?)  But the minute it began, I was hooked, and then stressed, and then anxious, and then holding my breath, and then tired from holding my breath but unable to stop.  And all of a sudden two hours went by and, aside from vowing that I'll never be an astronaut in this lifetime, I think I rate the film an A-ish, if only for 120 minutes of successful, nonstop discomfort.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

2 comments:

  1. Well... I thought it was good but not great, although I hear seeing it in 3D really ratchets it up. Of course, Bullock is great, but when isn't she? The story line…meh. BTW, have you all heard about the blowback Dunham is getting about this month's Vogue cover? Women are really sick of the distorted image/remake women get by press. I think I wrote about this the other day on your blog: I didn't even recognize her when I saw the cover. She looked GREAT ;-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Gravity in the same way you did, Carly. I wasn't SCARED during it, just THANKFUL that I will never, EVER go to or be sent to space (hopefully). Because I would DIE a lot FASTER than Sandy. Side note: I saw it in 3D which probably made for a big difference / more exciting ride.

    ReplyDelete