Monday, January 27, 2014

On Rom(antic) Com(edie)s


Unrealistic Expectations.

While I don't think it's possible to become obsessed with romantic comedies - aka Rom Coms - I sure have watched my fair share over the last two months.  I blame this habit on my newly discovered recording strategy.  On Saturday morning/afternoon/middleofthenight (when I can't sleep), I scroll through the week's worth of crappy television shows on the usual cheesy 'rom com-ish' channels (FX, Oxygen, and so forth) and I record anything that looks moderately good or totally corny.  The upside is that the majority of these films (often starring JLo or Sandra Bullock) don't interfere with my usual commitments often airing on a consistent 3pm or 3am schedule.  And so I record, fall back asleep, and eventually peruse my list during a 2-hour free block, only to pleasant discover that, actually, JLo isn't (too) bad an actress and Ben Affleck was way cuter in his twenties.  Enjoy!


[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment