Tuesday, April 1, 2014

On the Disdainful Hospital Corridor


Morbid Curiosity.

In spite of my extreme historic discomfort with white hospital corridors and all the accompanying telltale signs that (usually) indicate poor health and fear, I've (also) always been the type of visitor whose morbid curiosity draws her uncomfortable gaze towards every open door possible.  And so my eyes search for the suffering of strangers, and the sudden death that never comes, the chaos amidst the silence of other people's healing, images that haunt my thoughts hours after I eagerly return my visitors pass and embrace the comforts of the non-medical word outside where air feels cleaner and life recharged. In those moments, I vow to eat healthier, exercise more, and prolong my role as a patient for as long as possible. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment