Wednesday, April 30, 2014

On a Stocked Kitchen


Stacked Shelves.

I take pride in a stocked kitchen, as friends who frequent our dining room table often comment on how robust our pantry shelves appear.  But that's how I grew up so I know no other way, with snack options aplenty for both the sweet and savory preference.  In fact, I recently spotted (Drakes) Devil Dogs (a childhood favorite) in a convenient store, debating for too long whether to ruin my fondest memories knowing full well the bread is too spongy and the cream too thick, and opted for Tylenol instead (my original intent).  But I still keep the sweet (Petit Ecolier cookies, which my parents introduced me to in 1985 after a romantic trip to Paris sans kids, or so my memory tells me) and the savory (pickles, as always, in any shape and size), just in case my mother pops in for a visit and needs an afternoon treat. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment