Friday, May 30, 2014

On Being Pregnant


(Where to Begin.)

While I could spend thousands of posts explaining in minute detail what it was like to be an emetephobic pregnant person (in sum, it wasn't pleasant), I'll leave those curiosities to late night blog perusals and, instead, use this opportunity to tell you about the recent onslaught of Coloradan Miller Moths.  My sister (a mother of two) reminded me today that amongst the many pleasurable symptoms of pregnancy is the obvious increase in hormone level which, as she described, makes otherwise manageable emotions hard to control.  So when I returned home last night to what I've recently come to dread as prime time Moth Madness (-for those east coasters reading this, these supposedly harmless moths only appear at night after dark with beastly bodies and gigantic antennas), the tears flowed effortlessly upon realization that brushing my teeth in the unlit bathroom meant war.  And so now I blame the need for my brave roommate to remove anything furry and flying, be it 5pm or 5am amidst a wakeless slumber, on "hard to control" hormones rather than my life-long fear of anything creepy and crawly, and my tearful insistence on standing in the corner or hiding under the blanket as completely justified at the expense of our 10-month journey filled with joyful (and joyless) surprises.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Home Depot (and Lowe's) screens on sale. They were good enough for my grandmother so get with the program. Not everything has to be installed.
    LOL. Were you REALLY standing in the dark crying? Yeah, you were. (Still laughing.)

    ReplyDelete