Wednesday, May 21, 2014

On the Pressure to ...


[insert major life decision].

With each birthday, passing milestone, and facebook post in which other people's lives seem significantly more fulfilling, vibrant and fierce than our own, the pressure is on.  And yet we need to remind ourselves that Instagram photos purposely add an unrealistic glow to half empty glasses and mundane life experiences that we're too busy capturing and not actually enjoying anyway, and that perhaps we're all racing to catch up to expectations that only exist in our minds.  So bring on the cake and the candles and sing me that birthday song as if it's my last because this next year will be - should be - about what I want to make it of it and not what the world around me expects me to do.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment