Monday, May 5, 2014

On Dreading the Rollercoaster


A Coney Island Legend.

I"m not an amusement park fan-atic so suggesting a day-long trip to Coney Island is my idea of a fun time if and only if it involves laying on the beach for no more or less than two to four hours.  Throw the suggestion of the Cyclone in there and I'm out faster than the Coney Island-bound F-train.  So it baffles me when I think back to less than a decade ago when my mother and I (of all people!) opted to go on the pitch black roller coaster at Universal Studios (at the time, I think it was called Magic Mountain but I could be wrong).  It came up in conversation recently when we both marveled over the strangeness of this decision, and she recalled quite quickly that shortly thereafter, she fought the urge to be sick. My remembrance is quite different - a head jerk here and there but, otherwise, completely blank, perhaps because this really is my idea of a day worse than hell and I'm not even sure it was actually me.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. Lest you forget, we had headaches the rest of the day, it was so violent. I, too, cannot for the life of me (and I thought it WAS going to be the life of me!) recall why we agreed to go on that ride, but it should have been called BEAST II.

    ReplyDelete