Wednesday, May 28, 2014

On (the Return of) Orange is the New Black


(And Misc Television Binges.)

As I mentally prepare for my upcoming television binge of Orange is the New Black beginning June 6th (upon its returns to Netflix-woohoo!), I am slowly wrapping up all the television shows I swore off just weeks ago.  After forgoing a month of Grey's, I tearfully celebrated Meredith and Christina's dance moves in the season finale and vowed that I'll be back for (spoiler alert) Jackson's baby in the fall, while simultaneously contemplating how I could ever forswear my devotion to these longtime television companions.  Tyrion's (likely optimistic fate) keeps me excited for Sunday nights in spite of the potential onset of work week blues, and, oh!, how I'll miss Don Draper's humble yet magnetic superiority over Peggy (Did anyone see them dance, btw? Oh man!). Saddened by these sudden goodbyes, I've no doubt that we'll all quickly  bounce back (approximately two hours in to Piper's resumed turmoil) from this shift in companionship, as we do with the passing of each season-both on and off screen.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. How about, you know, that cardboard with two or three hundred rustling yellowish sheets in between? Oh, wait, do I mean paper? Yes, ma'am, A BOOK.

    ReplyDelete