Wednesday, July 2, 2014

On All the Single Ladies


Awkward Traditions.

As with most group activities, as a once-single wedding attendee, I much preferred to watch from the sidelines--the rush of overly-excited single women extending outreached hands as if their fate literally depended on whether they caught the bride's bouquet or not.  Half curious about whether my own participation might seal my own destiny, I easily refrained, wedding after wedding, for fear that my nonathletic, shy self would disappoint the hopeful, future wife in me, and I'd inevitably spend the rest of the evening, month and year wondering if I'd screwed myself by not throwing an elbow or two amidst the drunken chaos.  And so with a half glass of red wine and mild anticipation, I would often be found tacitly applauding the next potential bride-to-be, unrealistically optimistic-along with the rest of the hopeful onlookers-that she might actually be the next.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment