Tuesday, July 8, 2014

On Home Improvements


In One Ear...

There are few topics that shut me down like home improvements, as in I literally tune out and hear nothing though often through the guise of interested gestures like overly-aggressive nods and squint-y facial expressions.  Which is a real shame since my dad is an architect and contractor by trade, my "roommate" can build bikes from scratch, and eventually it's an inevitable fact that I'll be home alone with a real disaster on my hands that only my wallet can solve.  And yet in spite of this knowledge, I'll take the mundane tasks any day - grocery shopping, vacuuming, laundry - because, for whatever reason quite unknown to me (and them), throw a screw or a nail in it and I drift to another much more predicable planet.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit to some heavy lifting in my day, but nowadays I hate to even vacuum! (Where's my book?)

    ReplyDelete