Tuesday, July 29, 2014

On (My) Joy of Cooking



With a kiddo on the way, we've been told that-upon her arrival-even the most mundane tasks like brushing our teeth, taking a shower, and making a sandwich will become the most challenging of accomplishments.  And, so, I wonder, where does my joy for cooking fit in? According to our fellow parental peer group, it doesn't.  Yet, over the past few years, with a decent sized kitchen in a quiet, suburban-like neighborhood and grad school behind me (aka more time on my hands), cooking has become my livelihood.  In a word, I love to select, cook, and eat delicious meals on a daily basis, peruse acquaintances' Instagram feeds and attempt to mimic their creations in the privacy of my Sunday morning breakfast routine.  Feeling nostalgic for the hearty turkey burgers and quinoa patties that I'll inevitably be forced to take temporary leave from for, say, a year or so (tell me it ain't so!), I imagine that the day will come when I get to impart my own passion and Joy of Cooking to my daughter, whether that's six month from now (solid foods, anyone?) or sixteen years.  Either way, I am hopeful we will meet again. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment