Wednesday, July 9, 2014

On the Ideal Summer


Upstate, New York.

Having spent the majority of my childhood summers in upstate New York shuttling between summer camp and a small cabin "in the middle of nowhere," I never developed the travel bug that many of my peers, who willingly hop flights to Asia and South America, have. While I've certainly enjoyed my few trips to Europe, Costa Rica, and Mexico over the last decade, I'd take a summer (or winter) evening around a (camp) fire with smores and good conversation in a heartbeat. Not that trips to the local farmer's market and cones at the nearby rundown ice cream shop can compensate for Peruvian treks to unimaginable altitudes and accompanying views but the homebody in me seeks comfort in the smaller, less extravagant pleasures in life.  Anyone else? (Enjoy!) 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

2 comments:

  1. Totally. Sometimes I feel bad about not having the "travel bug" as if that makes me less cultured, or lacking in that "rich life experience" that so many seek out. In reality, I prefer the comforts of (a comfortable) home and the simple pleasures you so perfectly name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Give me a good book and a white wine spritzer on the deck...

    ReplyDelete