Wednesday, July 23, 2014

On Being in Pain


Navigating this Fear.

Everyone fears something different, from nausea (in my case) to needles (in lots of other people's), with a range of explanations that both justify and confuse the source and solution.  For me, emetphobia has been at the forefront of everything I do and, as such, I've mastered avoiding it at all costs including (but not limited to) passionately ignoring any other physical ailment that might come by way.  And throw a wounded, bleeding skull in my direction, or a hyperventilating stranger, or a dog/spider/mosquito bite (-the scary kind that, say, probably spreads malaria), and I'll be the first respondent on the scene.  But one sign of stomach flu-be it a cough in the wrong direction or a pale, sweaty face-and I'm out like a flash.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment