Tuesday, November 20, 2012

On Being Thankful (Again)


Thanksgiving 2012.

I'm thankful for the small stuff because I know firsthand that some days and months and years are harder than the ones before them.  I'm thankful for text messages with baby photos, for engagement rings and congratulatory, handmade snail mail, for HBO and prime time television.  I'm thankful for cozy drives to work with NPR and flannel blankets, for new recipes from faraway friends, for potlucks and ice cream cakes on a monthly basis (at work).  I'm thankful for my family's good health, for my first 10K in December, for hot tea and literary novels, and for camping trips and sleeping bags and bacon cooked over a wood burning stove.  And I'm thankful for this blog, for it's readers (like you), for a place to collect and keep and share other people's writing that inspire you and me and everyone we know.  Happy Thanksgiving (& enjoy)!

 [Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment: