Thursday, November 29, 2012

On Traveling Solo


Unwanted Info.


Last week, I left my bus pass (and wallet) at work.  Scrambling for $2.25 in a bottomless purse where dollar bills and rusty coins have since been replaced by credit cards and debit receipts, I decided to bank on the generous gratitude of the 5pm bus driver who would surely recognize my face from previous trips. My only fear was that once I opened the channel of communication between two otherwise cordial strangers (-myself and the bus driver), there’d be no going back. And in a city where friendly communication between perfect strangers is more than the norm, I protect my privacy as frequently as I can.  Sure enough, my bus ride was free that day, and a week later I learned that George was divorced in the early 90s and didn’t see his grandchildren nearly enough.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment