Monday, November 12, 2012

On Running Races


5K and Beyond.

When recent conversations turn to my latest Denver hobby (running races with my colleague, just in time for winter), I find myself qualifying my recent accomplishments without giving myself much credit.  It's only 3 point 1 miles, I'll justify, knowing that my listener can probably outrun me without moderate preparation in spite of the fact that, as a non-athlete, native New Yorker growing up, it's also the most I've ever run in my entire life.  Even as I reached a new goal yesterday (during training for a 10K), I still know deep down inside that friends and acquaintances (who politely applaud our perseverance in below-freezing weather) can still do double what I've done without exercising for months in advance, and have probably spent the bulk of their tween years playing soccer and lacrosse, pushing themselves more than I ever will during adulthood.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment